BATTLE CRY “The Face Down” is a competitive event that provides rappers with opportunities to showcase their artistry and skills in rap music. This is its maiden edition and it features 20institutions from all over Nigeria.
Twenty (20) institutions include:
University of Lagos
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeaokuta
University of Benin
University Of Abuja
Yaba College Of Technology
Houdegbe North American University, Benin Republic
University of Ibadan
University of Ilorin
IMO state University
Ambrose Alli University
Ladoke Akintola University of technology
Obafemi Awolowo University
Olabisi Onabanjo University
Lagos State University
Nnamdi Azikwe University
To contact any of our reps in these universities, please call +2348188899727
1. The rapper must be from a higher institution.
2. This is an open category.
3. No age limit required
4. Entry/Registration is FREE
5. The rapper is required to complete the registration form and submit the registration form before the date of the competition which is Nov 30th, 2016.
There will be primaries where Battles must be held with each of the 20 institutions providing 5 rappers to represent their school. Winners will advance while losers are eliminated without a chance of returning. (Only 1 rapper can represent his school in the grand finale)
NOTE: IF YOU DONT FALL HNDER ANY OF THESE SCHOOLS, PUT YOUR SCHOOL NAME UNDER “OTHERS”
RULES and GUIDELINES
1. Do not copy someone else’s work. Your freestyle must be 100% original material and shall not infringe upon any third party copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property rights nor shall it contain any vulgar words and sexually explicit lyrics.
2. The language and dialect to be used in the battle is either English or Indigenous.
3. The rap lyrics (punch line) should focus more on humor whether you mock or ridicule your opponent.
4. The organizer/promoter will appoint the timekeeper. He/She will be provided with a stopwatch and will be responsible for indicating the end of each round. The clock starts from the beginning of the first line spoken by the competitor.
5. For the preliminary round of competition each rapper will be given one round (1) minute to spit as much as 16bars or more. Come with your fans, friends and family as the crowd caries 60% of ur votes. In case of a tie another round (OT) will be provided to break the tie.
6. Each rapper must spit over the same beat as their opponent.
7. By participating in this event you permit the recording of your contributions and assign to the organisers the complete copyright and all other rights in your contributions for use in all media.
8. Competitors who are rude, abusive or deemed otherwise unsuitable by the organisers will be disqualified from the competition.
9. Venue for the primaries will be MARUWA BEACH
1. The judging panel for the primaries and Grand Finale will be consisting of three (3) judges.
2. Judges will make their decision as to the winner of each round independently and will have an opportunity to explain their decisions.
3. In the case of a round where the judges cannot reach a decision each rapper will be asked to perform an extra verse for forty five (45) seconds and the concept/topic should be given by the judges. .
4. Decision by the judges is final. There is no appeal process. PROTEST – are prohibited and will not be accepted regarding any score or result of a decision.
Record label deal
5m naira worth of promotional deal
Music video production
Recording session with Dimz (Osinachi Producer)
PRIMARIES will hold on Sunday 18th December, 2016. TIME: 3PM VENUE: MARUWA BEACH
GRAND FINALE will hold on Thursday 22nd December, 2016. Same time. Different venue to be announced soon.
For Sponsorship & Enquiries +2348188899727 +2347033993164